Now Hiring - Executive Director
The Hispanic Contractors Association de San Antonio (HCA de SA) is currently seeking a dynamic, innovative, and experienced Executive Director to lead the organization. In addition to overseeing all operations, functions, and activities, the Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the strategic plans and policies as established by the board of directors. The Executive Director has overall accountability, responsibility, and authority for the management of the business and affairs of the HCA de SA in accordance with the organization’s by-laws, strategic plan, and objectives adopted and approved by the Board of Directors and subject to oversight by the board. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the association, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for coordination of association fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the association’s mission including grants and corporate sponsorships.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of education and training programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the association can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future developing short and long term goals.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure the continued growth and expansion of the association both geographically and within the construction industry as a whole (Targeting infrastructure, municipal, street and road contractors and their associated providers).
- Responsible for the enhancement of the association’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of operations in such a manner as to ensure continuity and the longevity of the organization.
- Responsible for implementation of and maintenance of all technology and web-based communications and presence including a website and social media outreach
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified
- Responsible for signing various contracts, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Responsible for carryover at end of year transitions or at any other time as Board members depart or join, to include information transfer, security and passwords, and signature
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding communications within the community, complementary trade associations, and the construction industry to include but not limited to networking with similar trade associations in our Construction industry.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- A record of transparent and high integrity leadership
- Non-profit management experience is preferred
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, reconciliation, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the association’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and sponsor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteers and sponsorship groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong capabilities in technology to include knowledge of web-based applications, MS Office Suite, Canva, Adobe and GrowthZone.
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks and accounting means, methods, and terminology
- Strong knowledge of technological security means and methods, cloud applications, and file storage, archiving, and sharing
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit with a focus on continuity planning.
- Serving as the association’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the association’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to implement their policy decisions, fundraising efforts, and to increase the overall visibility of the association.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization
- Implementation of all activities in accordance with strategic plan
- Attend organization Board and committee
- Oversee marketing, grant writing and other communications
- Review and approve contracts for
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of
Competitive base salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an incentive program with a bonus structure based strictly on performance of the association.
Benefits include vacation and sick leave.
Application Instructions and Deadline:
To apply submit your cover page with references and resume to: email@example.com.
Potential applicants are encouraged to apply as quickly as possible. A background investigation may be conducted that includes verifying prior employment, education, and criminal history.
The HCA de SA was formed over twenty years ago to promote and support the educational advancement and growth of the Small, Minority, Women and Veteran Owned business in the contracting community throughout South Texas.
We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit committed to developing educational and training programs and to facilitating resources needed to help our members reach their highest potential.
HCA de SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites all qualified applicants to apply.